Black Toes

Trail running, running, and hiking in Colorado's Front Range.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Saturday!

I went for a morning group run at the local running store. It was pretty fun, but few people showed up because there is a largish race going on here in Denver. We ended up doing about 3.3 miles at 9:41/mi, which was fine, because it was super easy! After that, my wife and I walked around downtown Golden running errands and having fun. We're about to have a massive cold front pass through, so there was some fantastic lenticular cloud formations being caused by the mountains.

Here's one caused by Lookout Mountain & Mt. Zion:



Here's another one caused by some of the foothills between here and Boulder.



After out five miles of walking (the baby slept through most of the afternoon), we went down to hang out with some friends of mine from college. It was a nice relaxing day and I'm feeling pretty good for my 10 miler tomorrow morning. I wonder just how much snow we're going to get (we're forecasted to get 3-6 inches tonight). Funny that it was in the 60's this afternoon. Gotta love frontal passage.